Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mavalli Tiffin Room

This weekend I was in bengaluru to have a good time with my friend, so I flied to Bangalore on Saturday morning through spicejet, had a safe and nice journey. By the time I reached devanahalli, Bangalore there were signs of war in my stomach and anyways I reached my brother's room which I use as a refreshment room to get ready to meet my friend. Around 6 pm we started to think where should we go and in the world there is no place as good as it is for us if it is a famous hangout to eat. It should be a restaurant or cafe or some corner which should have eatables at a great or even good taste, then Mavalli Tiffin room strike in my mind. MAVALLI TIFFIN ROOM is said to be a place to visit in Bangalore by most of the traveling sites and blogs, so I decided sorry we decided to go there. I expected there would be lot of waiting time there but to my surprise there was no such waiting to get surprised any normal hotel with a good feedback will have that crowd and even they do not provide us good facilities to wait. I didn't like that. We almost got into the family room (I don't know why they named one of the rooms as family room) which had 2 towers of Voltas ac and one window ac that were manufactured at the time when Voltas started their production.I suggest them to clean the ac's once in a month atleast once in a year,for the god's sake MTR is pretty famous over the internet. There is no menu in Mavalli Tiffin Room. No mineral water I guess because when we asked them they didn't even reply about what we asked and gave us two glasses of municipal water of course they taste good with some amount of chlorine that exceeds the permissible level. For such a big hotel only one wash basin (a different one which has pedal tap we need to step on the pedal to turn on the tap unlike traditional one to turn the knob).coming to our order I Didn't understand the kannada they were speaking and to utmost confusion we finalized our order to rava idly, which people say they were the inventors or discoverers what should I say? And then extended our order to jamun (gulab jamun), poori one by two. Every thing was normal and tasted like it was home made nothing exceptional and out standing and I didn't find it worth to go after traveling almost 10 kilometers in Bangalore heavy traffic. Ambience was not good, I think the hotel was there to serve the hungry people but not for the ones who think to have a good hangout in the evenings with some nice food. My rating is 3/5.

No comments: